Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Have Baby, Will Travel.

My kid has been ALL over the place.

Admittedly, not so many places as her second(?) cousins (Thailand, Dubai, Hawaii), but WAY more places than my husband or I had been by the time we were a year old (Pismo Beach, Seattle, Tahoe, NYC, Zion, Red Rock/ Vegas, Arizona, Lake Nacimiento, to name a few).

And yet, I find it's getting more difficult to take her anywhere. Even the grocery store.

Every trip now has to be planned around her schedule. The catch is, she has the least schedule-y of schedules. Without fail, she wakes up somewhere within a two-hour(ish) period of time. Then she takes a bottle, plays and about an hour later snacks. Then she takes a mid-morning nap-- the time of which is entirely dependent upon that morning awakening.

The only thing we have nailed-down is her bedtime, but that's a joke after a couple of days away from home.

Nevertheless, not only do we have multiple (5+ hour) trips planned for the remainder of the summer, one of our lengthy car trips will be just me and the girl baby.

I guess, the only thing I can say is: Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment